EB-1A “Extraordinary Worker” Visas
If you have earned recognition as one of the best in your professional field within your country or in the world, you may qualify for an EB-1A “Extraordinary Worker” visa. This visa permits people who have risen to the top of their field of specialty to obtain a green card and enter the United States far faster than other categories of immigrants. However, the requirements for meeting the legal standard and being deemed an “Extraordinary Worker” are stringent and difficult to prove. Pan Law Group’s attorneys have handled preparation of many different EB-1A applications for extraordinary and outstanding workers in a wide variety of industries.
EB-1A visas are available to people in just about industry or artistic field. From scientists, to artists, to athletes, to scholars, and business leaders – the only requirement is that the extraordinary individual be recognized in their country (or worldwide) as one of the best in their field and that they be able to demonstrate that recognition. Demonstrating this requires showing:
- Receipt of a major, internationally recognized award (e.g. Nobel Prize, Olympic gold medal, Oscar, etc.), or
- At least three out of the following possible factors:
- Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in the field of expertise;
- Documentation of the applicant’s membership in organizations in the field of expertise, where the organizations require outstanding achievements of their members to be admitted, as judged by recognized national or international experts in their disciplines or fields;
- Published material about the applicant in professional or major trade publications or other major media (e.g. major newspapers or industry magazines), relating to the applicant’s work in the field of expertise;
- Evidence of the applicant’s participation as a judge of the work of others in the same or an allied field of expertise;
- Evidence of the applicant’s original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance in the field;
- Evidence of the applicant’s authorship of scholarly articles in the field, in professional or major trade publications or other major media;
- Evidence of the display of the applicant’s work in the field at artistic exhibitions or showcases;
- Evidence that the applicant has performed in a leading or critical role for organizations or establishments that have a distinguished reputation;
- Evidence that the applicant has commanded a high salary or other significantly high remuneration for services, in relation to others in the field of expertise; or
- Evidence of commercial success in the performing arts, as shown by box office receipts or record, cassette, compact disk, or video sales.
- In addition to the above, the applicant must also show that they have sustained acclaim in their field of expertise, that they will continue to work in their field after entering the United States, and that their coming to the United States will benefit this country prospectively.
The requirements for obtaining an EB-1A visa are stringent and difficult to prove specifically to make sure that only the best in a professional field are eligible to obtain a green card without sitting through the years long waiting period most immigrant applicants must face. If you feel you may qualify for this sought-after visa, it is highly advisable that you contact a qualified and experienced attorney to assist you. Pan Law Group features numerous attorneys who have helped many extraordinary people qualify for the EB-1A visa.